Counselling for Anxiety
Is anxiety challenging your day to day life? Does it feel like you can’t quite get a grasp on it, no matter how hard you try?
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. My practice offers effective forms of treatment, to get the relief from anxiety that you deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Racing mind, inability to quiet your thoughts
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop more coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you would like some help minimizing the impacts of anxiety on your life, please reach out.